While cats have been domesticated pets since the days of Cleopatra, there’s still a lot about them that remains a mystery. Like when they just roll over as you approach them, what’s up with that? Actually, when cats lie on their back and expose their bellies, it’s their way of saying “Hello, human!”! But it's not the only message a cat sends when it shows you its cute furry little belly.
Today we're talking about cat behaviors. Why do they expose their belly? Why do they bring you dead animals? Why do they like watching from afar? There are plenty of other things they do that just have you scratching your head in confusion. Let's figure out together!
Other videos you might like:
26 Facts About Cats That'll Make You Love Them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO_EunoUSWg&
HOW TO UNDERSTAND YOUR CAT BETTER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz6yBbBRr8Y
19 Awesome Cats That Cost a Fortune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLSZmmDBM9Y&
Showing you its belly 0:43
Rubbing its head on you 2:15
Blinking at you slowly 3:37
Watching from afar 4:01
Scratching your furniture 4:59
Chattering its teeth 5:45
Bringing you dead animals 6:43
Sitting in the most random places 7:22
Bursting with energy in the middle of the night 8:10
#cats #catbehavior #yourpet
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
- Be careful not to invade your cat’s space unless you know they love belly rubs and like to be touched. Look for other clues like their ears and tail. If their tail is moving back and forth and their ears are set back, this means they’d rather be left alone.
- When a cat weaves through your legs and rubs its head on you, it's called bunting, and it involves a release of pheromones from a cat’s head. Basically, it’s as if they’re leaving their scent on you to make sure other cats know that you belong to them.
- Have you ever been snuggling with your kitty when they start pressing their little paws into you over and over again? When cats do this sort of bread-kneading motion, it’s actually leftover from their kitten days when they used to nurse.
- Has your cat ever made prolonged eye contact with you while blinking really slowly every few seconds? It’s awkward, I know! But this is actually a way for your cat to show you affection!
- If you find that your cat is watching you from afar but never wants to engage, this could be a sign that they’re anxious or even mad at you.
- Similar to how a dog urinates on things to mark their territory (which cats can do too sometimes, by the way), cats like to scratch furniture to show others what’s theirs.
- If your cat’s teeth are chattering really fast, it doesn’t mean they have the chills. It’s actually related to a natural instinct to hunt.
- Many animal behaviorists believe that your cat shares a successful kill with you as a way of thanking you for your care. Cats also do this in hopes that you’ll see how good they are, and you’ll pay more attention to them!
- Cats seem to love squeezing into small spaces, even though it often looks terribly uncomfortable. They do this because it helps them feel protected and safe.
- Many house cats hold in a lot of energy during the day and since they have nocturnal instincts, they often go nuts in the middle of the night.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit:
Because they want me to get that fuzzy lovins'. That's why my cats do it.
I have 3 beautiful black brothers, Lasambra, Maximus and Charlie♡♡♡ They are so silky and sweet. Check out our channel and sub.
Sometimes one of my family's cats headbutts me and I see stars. His name's Tiny and he's a friendly, sweet little boy. I taught him and two of the other family cats to shake. Their names are Chester and Inky. Just had to get some treats they loved. I just showed them a treat, took their paw and said the designated word, and they got it pretty quickly. I used the word "Paw" as the cue word.
My cat's so silly🤣 He slept in a box. (But actually I made it to satisfy myself lol) his name is TOTONG. once he was a stray,but now...slow but sure he's mine. Because twice a day I fed her with cooked seafood (here,in Indonesia we have pindang fish) he loves it. I found him when he was about 3 months (or maybe younger) - first, he's not ready to eat pindang fish,because I know a little kitten still need their mom,drinking it's mama's milk and learn to walk...and totong,idk he was alone. His mama left him somehow🙂 now he's such a handsome boy 😍 he protect my home from another naughty cat and he's not a bad boi😂 you know when a cat is searching for a female mate "at a time" it can be so noisy😑 my room is a small and not so good to keep that noise away😪 (then vs. Now = noisy cat - no more noise at all) at that time I can't sleep, it's 11 pm in my country 😣 it's sleeping time,yea 😓 but with totong, it's clear suddenly. I don't ask him to make those naughty cats to out,at all
My cats other cats, Harry Potter and Sookie, will wake me up at all hours of the night, meowing with their mouth full because they are carrying a life-like stuffed animal mouse. I tell them to bring it to me, and they jump up, drop it, and cuddle.
My cat, Sydney, dips her paws in the the auto water feeder and then runs to the nearest mirror or window and paws it furiously to dry then out... leaving crazy streaks. It seriously makes a squeaking sound when she does it.
My cat attempts to savage the speakers when it hears the incredibly irritating, cloying and repetitive background music from YT videos. No, I'm not gonna subscribe to one more channel where the author gets the facts straight and makes you pay so heavily for the opportunity to do so......
Todo iba bien hasta que mencionaste el cascabel. El cascabel daña la audición de los gatitos a largo plazo. No deben usarlo por el cuesco que trae adentro. Si el cascabel está vacío y no emite sonido, recién es aceptable. Cuidado con tomar todos los consejos que aparecen en este tipo de vídeos.
ug their so beautiful funny and cwuute 😍 who could leave these babies on the streets especially the humane society (all of them should be there)‼️ and not feel anyway so heartless so many kittens and mothers outside right now more than dogs cats need more LOVE and homes ‼️ 😥⚠️
My cat likes to scratch shiny things like plastic drawers, my dresser, my TV. She just sits in front and scratches repeatedly for as long as she wants. I have no idea why, but it started with the plastic on a Skylanders box lol
Thank you for this amazing video 😍👍
I love cats so much . All street cats around my home are mine . I treat them as if they are my own cats . So whenever they see me , they come to me and greet me . They also rub their heads and tails on me . They even lie on their backs and do cute things 😍 my mom won't let me buy one but well since cats in streets feel very comfortable around me & play with me and they let me to pat them , it's a win for me ❤🐈 cats are seriously the cutest 😚😚
I remember a cat named tinkerbell. I was at my mom's friends place visiting one night and out of nowhere this cat took a flying leap clear across the room and speared me in the neck with its head.
I also remember one time my own cat used me as a freeway onramp
My mom had 2 cats and one of them loved to get under the covers with me, while the other was not that way. After I left the house and had my own place, mom had to go out of town for a few weeks, and I took them both in. The one who I wasn't sure remembered me was on the bed with me, and went to where the cover started, looking at it as he did when I lived with him. I lifted the cover and he went under the cover, so I believe he remembered me! He and his "sister" friend have been gone for decades now, but I have such fond memories of them with their individual, distinct personalities, just as each human person has.
My cat, Jinx, has created numerous behaviors to train me into waking up in the middle of the night. Scratching at my door, knocking things off of my bedside table, and finally, if I'm still not paying attention to him, he'll start to eat my hair.
It's not really a strange behavior, but when I'm giving my cat pets and I move to stop, he'll grab my hand between his paws and begin licking my fingers and palm, and then rubbing his head against my hand. He then will try and chew my fingers. Not painfully or anything, and i'm pretty sure his teeth are fine, he just likes to chew on my fingers.
Cats dont get mad or hold grudges 🤦♀️ If they seem like it, theyre feeling threatened, anxious, or even sick or in pain (toothaches are really common) and you should take them to the doctor if it persists.