Weirdest cat behaviors explained! These are the top strange cat behaviors and how to understand cats and weird cat behaviors explained!
Check out our online store for Tempt channel merchandise!
18. Random sprint - Does your cat run at a super fast speed and bounce off the couch out of nowhere? Don’t worry this is totally normal; cats can run up to 31 miles per hour, they're just getting their exercise in for the day! Most house cats have an extreme amount of energy that gets pent up and needs to be released. If they don’t get regular exercise on their own, they might need some more playful attention to avoid random sprints around the house.
17. Unladylike sitting - Why do people sit in unladylike positions? Well because it’s comfortable of course. Same goes for cats; when they are sprawled out with their legs open, that means they’re simply relaxed, trusting you, and happy. This means they know they are safe so they can relax.
16. Brings you presents- A dead rodent or bug at your feet might not be what you always wanted, but there are lots of theories about why your cat insists on doing this. As a kitten their mother might have brought them back a dead prey, so that’s where they got it from. Paying them more attention when they do this might be encouraging this behavior. Maybe they're being generous and saying thank you for feeding her or maybe sharing a successful hunt with you. This is them sharing what they caught with you as if you were a part of its real cat family. When cats are able to get more food than they need to eat, they might bring back extra kills to other members of the colony, especially kittens and nursing mothers. So your cat might just think you could use some help having enough to eat. Although this is a gross habit from a human’s perspective, don’t punish your cat for doing something that is only natural to them, because they don’t know any better. Instead try keeping them indoors, or put a bell on their collar to make it more difficult for them to catch prey.
Cats bite their nails because they grow like tree trunks, with bark on the outside. Periodically, they want to tear the "bark" off, so the nail can continue to grow without the "bark" getting in the way. Watch them long enough, and you'll eventually see the outer hard cartilage coating of a nail on the floor-- they managed to pull it off intact and left it where it came off. Another clue about this is that you'll observe them *pulling* on the claw. They're trying to pull that outer coating off. Trust me. I've owned 8 cats.
My cat only randomly sprints for 2 reasons:
1. They have to poop. They randomly get a ball of energy right before they poop.
2. They want to get away from their own stink. Thus they run out the box after pooping.
All i know is that cats are more than anything you can imagine about them, example, when a cat is guessing at you without blinking his eyes or moving his head, that cat has just penetrated your inner self and is busy watching your future like a movie. i had an experience where i was sleeping and was having a bad dream and only to open my eyes to see my cat guessing on my forehead with a serious concentration, then i discovered that it was watching my dreams like a television .
No. 13 is also a behavioural issue, mainly if a kitten has been weaned at a too young age. For instance, if a kitten is separated from the mother at a too early age, they will suckle and knead in you far into adulthood. Surprisingly enough, I have only seen and experienced this with males. Females don't develop the habit. I've picked up two stray kittens once by the highway, a male and female (mother got run over). The male wouldn't stop suckling on you, kneading. It's not a problem as far as the cat's development goes. Not that I've seen.
9) Cats have sensitive smell receptors. Urine is one of the ways they mark territory or tell you that you've been bad. So, it's only natural that they don't want to use a toilet that stinks. Would you? Plastic litter boxes absorb the smell of cat urine. The smell will never come out unless the litter is cleaned regularly (at least 2x a day) and aired appropriately. Cat urine is acidic and pungent. Never opt for a closed litter box. Best is to keep it outside on the balcony or porch where they can get to it. Or, if it has to be in the house, near a window. Personally, I prefer they not use a litter box at all. I always have a outside dirt patch under the shade of a tree or bush with soft soil. My cats love going outside to do their business and so do I.
I must say, I do agree with many of the items listed. I've lived with plenty of cats, my own and others, so I've seen weird. None of the listed was weird or strange to me in any way. What WAS weird, was when I dropped a pickle the other day and one of the cats gobbled it up, wanting more.
I do wish cats would ignore me more though, as i seem to have this weird magnetism. They want attention from me all the time. The only cat that ever ignored me was a stray kitten I took in called Oogie (formally known as Washing Machine). It's where I always found her sleeping before bolting out the house again. That was a stunning and beautiful cat. Loving personality, but also a cat from hell.
Generally when a cat brings you a kill, it means, more often than not, Pride, "See what I can do?"
Or they are concerned that you need learn to hunt.
"Here, I will show you how. First, something easy and fun!"
Nichole Tysoe-Short its better to put a collar because if your cat gets lost or if you lose your cat the people will know that someone owns the cat because if they dont have a collar people might thing its a street cat so they might be mean to cats but if your cat has a collar people might take the cat and take car of the it
16. Bringing you presents. I have a code of conduct when dealing with animals in general, but cats and dogs specifically. I refuse to deter or punish a cat from being a cat. I never hit one. I don't mind their nibbles, but when they go too hard, or run my hand further back where their grinding teeth are, I have been known to tell them "Oww oww oww…" They stop in a couple of nibbles, but to that, none of them have ever drawn blood on me, so... This is a "What would Mr. E do?" situation, YMMV, if they are outdoor animals, of which, I do not actively keep, but there are neighborhood cats that I feed, so, if they bring me a fresh kill, if they let me, I scratch their ears, and let them rub up against me, and I tell them "Good boy!!/girl!!!". I actively do keep 2 cats in my house, and although this has never happened with them, it has happened in the past with other cats, I do the same thing, because I would rather they bring the mouse to me so I can dispose of it, as opposed to letting it ripen up and start stinking. I do not want rodents INSIDE my house. I keep my kitties because they are my companion animals, but when they protect me from the dangerous, potentially flea-ridden or germ carrying mouse, they get high praises for it. I take them to the vet regularly, and make absolutely certain they are not infected by these rodents.
12. Loves small spaces. Right on the money. I have a kitten right now who has imprinted to me, and there are days she has been known to sit and sleep on me for hours, a record of which is 18 hours of which, the only time she would get up was to eat/use litter box, or when I got up. As soon as she was finished or I sat back down, she would jump right back up on my lap, and curl up on my shoulder. This is not bad behavior, especially since she was a rescued animal, but what I did was I bought her a cube. A cube is a cubical pillow-like foam, hollow with a hole in it. Just buying one wasn't enough, though. If you have a kitten or cat that wants to be around you constantly, put the cube near you. I ended up putting mine under my computer desk, since that is where I usually am when I am at home. I'm not saying it is foo-proof, I'm just saying it is a good bet the cat will take to it.
8. An Addendum. Be sure your cat is spayed or neutered. A female cat experiencing estrus may be calling out for a mate. It will be a low series of meows, and it is not the cat's fault. If you're dealing with a male cat, he wants out to do his business, especially if he hears a nearby female meowing to him. Unless you are willing to satisfy these urges and breed them, do not let your cats go unfixed. Public Service Announcement.
6. Another Addendum. Check for ear mites. If the inside of your cat's ears have a black dirty looking film on the inside, it is likely what you're seeing here is presence of ear mites. They are filthy blood suckers that bite the vulnerable and sensitive skin in the cat's ear canals and it can lead to ear damage if not treated. Take them to a vet. A vet can safely clean their ears out and will treat their ear mites in a way that is hard to do at home, AND unless you know how to do it, their ears will still be dirty assuming you're successful. Also, watch for excessive scratching and the presence of water when they shake their head.
Girlfriend you don’t have to wear a tight tank top to get views. Just know your subject matter and make interesting content. You’re already ahead of 90% of YouTube ‘cuz you can speak without up-talk, vocal fry and overuse of the word “like.”
I can help remove the mudiness from your vocals. Everything is so clear until you're on camera. Sound is everything. You can have shit video and good sound, and it'll be perceived far better than good video and shit sound.
We’ve seen many of those behaviors in our cats,
We have a total of 6 cats everyone completely different from the other when it come to personalities.
But behavioral they are very similar to each other.
Great!!! I was quite excited to share this video with my girlfriend as we have a relatively new cat. How can I do this now with that large breasted woman popping up with unnecessary additional information? Guess I'll have to settle for using this video to sound intelligent whilst we're observing our cat together.
my one year old kitten wants to kill things so badly... she saw a leaf moving in the wind and brought it to me like it was a dead prey lol why is not one person in the comments mention how gorgeous the girl is in this video? bunch of beta males
This has to be one of the dumbest videos on YouTube.
Not a single one of those things you mentioned is considered "strange" as stated in the title.
Every single thing you mentioned is an absolutely every day normal thing a cat does. 👎👎👎👎👎👎
Cats will also bite their nails to pull a layer off. Cats don't scratch posts to sharpen claws, they sharpen them by pulling old layers off. Nail bits fall off or stick in the post. Biting does it too.
My cat brought me a squirrel and put on my back porch. Only strange thing the insides of the squirrel were exactly in perfect order as if they killed the squirrel skinned it and had all the insides played out in perfect anatomical order. Strangest thing I ever seen.
my cats LOVES drinking from the faucet, but my kittens are getting pretty old and still don't know how to do it without getting themselves wet, except for the fluffy black one. They'd stick their head right under the faucet and drink from the water poring down their heads. Its so funny!
They sure know how to get attention and are so sensitive to our emotional state I know that when ever I'm anxious or sad or even angry he tend to sit close to me...but without asking for anything... like he won't try to get on me or ask for attention feels like he's just telling It's ok...I'm here I get you lol...For attention he as targeted every electrical cord of the house, first few years he cost me a fortune in lamps speakers anything with electric cord ..he usually does it right in front of me for attention or behind my back to get me upset at first i thought maybe something wrong with him maybe his teeth hurt but No their was nothing.. Really about getting face time...Or play with him..But I did have to buy plastic cord cover over every one of them, that did stop him...But don't leave any at reach GRR! lol
My cat brings me back prey quite frequently, however, it's a little hard to get her to stop. Not even a bell could possibly work, because the prey she brings back isn't live prey. It's socks and underwear from people's washing lines.