Best fashion designers of india are always top 10 or designers of india or best fashion designers
1. Manish Malhotra : At the age of 25, Manish Malhotra forayed into Bollywood by designing for Juhi Chawla in Swarg. Today, at 34, his name is synonymous with style in Hindi films. He revolutionized the fashion scene in Bollywood by envisioning a ‘look’ for the character. His tenure as a costume-designer has seen him clothe most of the leading actresses in the film industry from Sridevi, Urmila, Karishma Kapoor, Kajol, Raveena Tandon, Manisha Koirala, Madhuri Dixit, Twinkle Khanna, Shilpa Shetty, Kareena Kapoor, to Aishwarya Rai, Rani Mukherjee and Preity Zinta.
2. Wendell Rodricks: Designer Wendell Rodricks started out as a catering graduate but found fashion designing was more suited to his palate. His minimalist chic style is a rage among Indian clothes lovers and he is known for his passion for white. He has written special features for Apparel, regular columns for Femina, Goa Today and freelance fashion journalism in major Indian news media. The multi-talented designer`s work includes theatre design, advertising styling and forecast portfolios.
3. Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla : ‘The boys’, as the two some of Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla are known in the fashion circuit, can be considered among first names in that made it big, by way of success, attention, fame and hype. It is a creative alliance that exudes attitude and talent. They were one of the first to display their creations at Harrods. Ever since, the Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla show is a much awaited, though not so frequent event.
4. Tarun Tahiliani : He is one of the most celebrated fashion designers of India. He acquired a degree from The Fashion Institute of Technology, New York. When Tarun Tahiliani came back to India, he realized that there was a huge scope in India in the designer wear sector. He brought a revolution in the field of fashion in 1987, by opening the first fashion boutique in India, ‘Ensemble’.
5. JJ Valaya : Born and raised in the historical city of Jodhpur in Rajasthan, India’s premier fashion designer, JJ Valaya, has made a name for himself as one of the most original and inspired designers working today.
6. Rina Dhaka: Rina Dhaka is India’s leading fashion designer who burst onto the fashion world in late 1980s. Winner of Yuv Rattan Award, she is counted among the creative and innovative designers of the country. After college, Rina Dhaka did a training project with Intercraft, and with designer Evan Grandhal. She also set up a ‘Salwar Kameez’ boutique for one of her acquaintances. Around this time ‘Mutiny’ and ‘Ensemble’ were just coming up as fashion houses and she made a line of designs for them.
She is best known for her theme collections – sheer trousers, crochet, and stretch jersey, woolens and spider web motifs. Her forte remains western wear, and she prides on the fact that her pieces can be worn as separates. Rina Dhaka emphasises silhouettes. She is not afraid of experimenting.
7. Manish Arora : In 1997 Manish Arora launched his Label “Manish Arora” and started retailing in India. Three years later in 2000, Manish represented India at the Hong Kong Fashion Week and participated at the first ever India Fashion Week held in New Delhi.
8. Rohit Bal : Titled as the ‘India’s Master of fabric and fantasy’ by the Time magazine in 1996, Rohit Bal’s sense of aesthetics is finely honed, and each of his creations is handcrafted to perfection, with meticulous attention to detail. He has access to the best the industry has to offer in terms of materials and workmanship.
9. Ritu Beri : She is known as the first Indian designer to present a collection in Paris. There is no comparison for her style and elegance. Today her designs have become a highlight in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, USA, London and Paris. Ritu Beri’s ready-to-wear line is an impressive couture collection that had the French media raving about her. She is one of early fashion designer whose collection made it quite big internationally. Ritu started her illustrious career in fashion when she created her first line of clothing in 1990, called Lavanya.
10. Ritu Kumar : One of the earliest and reputed fashion diva amongst fashion buffs, Ritu Kumar has developed a unique style of her own. Her designs reflects the ancient traditions of Indian craftsmanship in a contemporary fashion.
designers,best fashion designing colleges,top 10 best fashion designing,fashion designing colleges in india,