We check out a stately penthouse on the Upper East Side that seamlessly blends old world elegance with modern amenities. Designed by Patrik Lonn, this home is a loving yet thoroughly modern homage to classic New York Design.
- Hi, I'm Scott Stewart.
- And I'm Beth Benallout from the Corcoran Group. Welcome to Robert AM Stern's new masterpiece at 20 East End Avenue.
- This glorious penthouse is over 6,050 square feet and features five bedrooms, five and a half bathrooms.
- With luxurious features at every turn.
- And views. Don't forget the views. There's so much to see, so let's divide and conquer and show them around.
- You step off the elevator onto a private landing that opens up to this immense entertaining gallery with three sets of French doors leading you out to a beautiful viewing terrace with southern views of the skyline and the East River. The home is graced with 12 foot ceilings, beautiful detail all around, including rift and quarter-sawn oak floors in a herringbone pattern, flooring that runs throughout the entire home. And from here, you can glimpse two entertaining spaces. The dining room and the living room.
- And what a living room it is. The 12 foot ceilings continue, giving it a real sense of grandeur. It's located on the southeast corner of the penthouse, which means amazing natural light through these eight oversized windows. To put it simply, it's the perfect place to entertain, and it boasts the first of three wood burning fireplaces. How's that for luxury?
- In terms of luxury, this dining room takes things to a whole new level, which you can immediately see in the gold foil wallpaper, opulent chandelier, and a dining table big enough for 20. And nothing makes an evening more romantic than the glow of a second wood burning fireplace. There's even a small terrace that I've dubbed the toasting terrace, because there's no better place to kick off an evening of sumptuous entertainment.
- And sumptuous entertaining always begins with a fabulous kitchen. This is the place to create the meal of your dreams in style. But any great kitchen needs to be a great place to hang out, and this is. It even has a cozy family room to put your feet up while the food cooks.
- Speaking of kicking your feet up, there is no better place to restore your sense of bliss than this incredible master suite. Features include a corner exposure with horizontal and river views, a massive wood burning fireplace, a morning kitchen, and a stunning master bathroom. It features Caldia classico marble, milk glass vanity, and floating cast iron soaking tub-- though its standout feature is a glorious morning terrace.
Imagine sipping a cup of coffee and contemplating your day from this incredible perch. And if perches are your thing-- and how can they not be-- Beth has the ultimate one to show you.
- This grand roof terrace is over 4,000 square feet, which is practically like having your own private park in the sky. But just imagine the soirees you could throw up here. Cocktails, or dinner, or both. Why not? There's enough room. And when the air turns brisk, cozy up to this rare wood burning fireplace.
But let's face it. It's the views that blow you away. We're talking east, west, north, and south.
- Thank you for joining us at 20 East End Avenue.
- And as you can tell, it's a must see.
- You can do so much with a roof terrace like that. Coming up after the break, we head back downtown to check out a unique and colorful penthouse. We'll see you in just a few.
Shop the Open House look on Amazon: www.amazon.com/shop/openhousetv
Subscribe to Open House TV on YOUTUBE: https://bit.ly/openhouseyoutubesub
Open House TV INSTAGRAM: https://bit.ly/2T0aorL
Open House TV TWITTER: https://bit.ly/2szkqEX
Open House TV FACEBOOK: https://bit.ly/2TXSztC